PRIVACY NOTICE AND NOTICE AT COLLECTION
TO CUSTOMERS AND WEBSITE VISITORS
(Revised December 20, 2022)
American Incorporated (“AMINC”) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the AMINC website and governs data collection and usage. By using the AMINC website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
AMINC collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. AMINC also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by AMINC Website Administration. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by AMINC for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the AMINC Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through AMINC public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: AMINC does not read any of your private online communications.
AMINC encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from AMINC so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. AMINC is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the AMINC and AMINC family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
AMINC collects and uses your personal information to operate the AMINC Web site and deliver the services you have requested. AMINC also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from AMINC and its affiliates. AMINC may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
AMINC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. AMINC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, AMINC may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to AMINC Website Administration, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
AMINC does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
AMINC keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within AMINC Website Administration, in order to determine what AMINC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within AMINC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
AMINC Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on AMINC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of AMINC Website Administration; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AMINC Website Administration, or the public.
The AMINC Web site may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize AMINC pages, or register with AMINC site or services, a cookie helps AMINC to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same AMINC Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the AMINC features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the AMINC services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
AMINC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. AMINC secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
AMINC will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. AMINC encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how AMINC is protecting your information.
AMINC welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that AMINC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact HR at 559-651-1776.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
PRIVACY NOTICE AND NOTICE AT COLLECTION
TO CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES AND JOB APPLICANTS
(Revised December 20, 2022)
American Incorporated (“AMINC”) hereby adopts this Privacy Notice and Notice at Collection to California Employees and Job Applicants (“Privacy Notice”) pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA and CPRA shall have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
AMINC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information and sensitive personal information that it acquires from employees and job applicants. AMINC will only collect and process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice (which may be modified from time-to-time), unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Personal Information AMINC Collects and How AMINC Uses the Personal Information
AMINC obtains categories of personal information and sensitive personal information from the following categories of sources: directly from you (for example, from forms you complete or information you provide); indirectly from you (for example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website); and from third parties (for example, staffing and recruiting agencies and consumer reporting agencies if we perform employee background screenings). More specifically, AMINC may collect the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (none of which AMINC uses to infer characteristics) about job applicants or employees:
- Personal identifiers such as your first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and/or other government identification numbers, immigration and work authorization status, signature, and username and/or account name. AMINC collects this information to make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with AMINC, to manage your employment relationship with AMINC and for general employee administration and processing, and to create, maintain, and secure your online employee accounts with AMINC.
- Financial information such as banking information for direct deposit, tax selections, pay rate, payroll deduction information, legal issues (e.g., child support, alimony, bankruptcies, and wage garnishments), information regarding collections, debts, student loans, and personal and real property. AMINC collects this information for employee-related human resource administration and to evaluate and make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you and are permitted and/or required under state and federal laws and regulations, processing work-related claims (for example, insurance or payment claims), and all related accounting and auditing.
- Benefit selection and related information such as your benefit selection, social security number or other government identification number, date of birth, health insurance information, policy number, and selections. AMINC collects this information to administer benefit claims and for employee-related human resource administration.
- Protected classification, demographics, and diversity information such as age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), and veteran or military status. AMINC collects this information to comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Professional and employment-related information such as current or past employment history, employee status and title, job evaluations, work schedule, job assignments, hours worked, training and development information, performance evaluation information, disciplinary and counseling information, termination information, drug testing paperwork and results. AMINC collects this information to make employment and/or job related decisions that involve you, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with AMINC, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development requirements, and to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, for other human resource administration purposes, and to administer and process employee benefits.
- Education information such as education history. AMINC collects this information to evaluate and make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to provide you with employment with AMINC, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development requirements.
- Health and Safety Information relevant to your employment of potential employment, such as health conditions, job restrictions, workplace accident and illness information, health insurance policy information, vaccination information, and drug testing paperwork and results. AMINC collects this information to maintain a safe workplace, assess your working capacity and make necessary accommodations, administer health and Worker’s Compensation programs, and comply with applicable laws.
- Network activity information such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. AMINC collects this information for confidentiality and security in order to be able to erase devices should data need to be protected. AMINC also collects this information to make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, and for other human resource administration purposes.
- Beneficiary Information of your beneficiaries, such as name and contact information, relationship to you, birth date, social security or other government identification number, and any other information necessary to process any benefits claims. AMINC collects this information to administer and process any related benefit claims.
- Emergency Contact Information of person(s) you designate as your emergency contact(s) such as their name and contact information, and their relationship to you. AMINC collects this information to maintain contact information should an emergency involving you arise during your employment.
- Biometric information such as fingerprints, facial scans, eye scans, voice recognition, typing cadence, and any other biometric identifier that we may use for security or other operational purposes. AMINC collects this information for detecting and protecting against security incidents and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, or violations of AMINC policies, for fraud and crime prevention, and for information protection and cybersecurity. AMINC also collects this information to meet legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements and to defend AMINC’s rights and property.
- Geolocation data such as GPS coordinates, location-tracking information, and physical location or movements. AMINC collects this information to provide location for dispatching, obtain evidence to defend AMINC against any vehicle accident claims, provide support for project progress disputes, make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, and for other human resource administration purposes.
- Profile information such as profiles reflecting a person’s preferences, such as interests, hobbies, physical characteristics or description, characteristic tendencies, behaviors, attitudes or aptitudes, including information drawn from any personal information. AMINC collects this information to make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, and to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, and for other human resource administration purposes.
- Audiovisual information such as on-site security cameras, pictures, videos, and audio recordings. AMINC collects this information for detecting and protecting against security incidents and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, or violations of AMINC policies, for fraud and crime prevention, and for information protection and cybersecurity. AMINC also collects this information to meet legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements and to defend AMINC’s rights and property. AMINC also collects this information to make employment and/or job-related decisions that involve you, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, to conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, and to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, and for other human resource administration purposes.
AMINC will not collect additional categories of personal information or sensitive personal information or use the information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing you with additional and/or updated notice.
Data Storage and Security
AMINC shall use a reasonable standard of care to store and protect your personal information and sensitive personal information. We use appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures and procedures to protect said information from unauthorized use, loss, alteration, destruction or modification. AMINC shall retain your personal information and sensitive personal information until the initial purpose for collecting and retaining such data has been satisfied, and/or longer, pursuant to applicable law. If you subsequently agree to a new or additional purpose, said information may be retained for that.
Disclosure to Third Parties
AMINC does not sell or share (as defined by the CCPA/CPRA) your personal or sensitive personal information to any third parties for any monetary consideration, nor has it done so in the 12 months preceding this policy. AMINC only discloses your personal information with service providers to the extent necessary in order to administer employee benefits, including for payment of wages, tax processing, and health insurance, and in connection with its human resource activities. AMINC also discloses your information when required to by local, state, or federal law.
You have the right to request that AMINC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal and sensitive information unless responding to the request is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, AMINC will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information and sensitive information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal and sensitive information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using and/or disclosing that information.
- The categories of third parties, contractors and service providers with whom we share, sell or disclose that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of those disclosures, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Whether your information is sold or shared.
- The retention period or criteria used for retention.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform any contract with you.
- Help to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request correction of any inaccurate personal information. Upon verifying the validity of a verifiable correction request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your personal information as directed, taking into account the nature of the personal
information and the purposes of maintaining your personal information.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
To exercise any of your rights described above, please contact Human Resources at 559-651-1776.
You may only make a verifiable request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to confirm the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Notice for Applicants and Employees with Disabilities
AMINC is committed to providing our job applicants and employees with disabilities with the same level of access to this Privacy Notice that is available to our job applicants and employees without disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting HR at 559-651-1776.
AMINC will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA or CPRA rights.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
AMINC reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when and if any updates are made. If AMINC would like to use your previously collected personal data for different purposes than those it notified you about at the time of collection, AMINC will provide you with notice and, where required by law, seek your consent, before using your personal data for a new or unrelated purpose. AMINC may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent only where required by applicable law or regulation.